Transparent Title Bar

Transparent Title Bar

Although this download is super simple it is something that can be used over and over again. It is a black bar with a transparency that you can use to highlight names and titles, places or even to make subtitles easier to read.

We used it a few times in our Case Study Video for the Bridal Lounge (watch the full video here):

You do not have to use the bar over the whole image or even at the bottom of the image – in trakAxPC you can resize the bar and place is wherever suits the video best (see the Wiki for more info on resizing and placing your images)

Download the File

You can download the PNG file here.

Instructions for Use:

1. Click on link above to view the full size version.
  2. Right Click on the image and click “Save Image as” to download the PNG to your PC.
  3. You can then import the image to use in trakAxPC – if you are new to using transparent PNGs in trakAxPC, you can view the tutorial here on resizing images.

trakAxBusiness.com is created in partnership with trakAxPC – video editing for beginners.

6 comments

1. Tim Gaddo January 21, 2013 at 11:46 pm

I’ve dl’d the png, resized and located it with a title. But I can only see the transparent bar as a very faint line at it’s upper and lower border. There isn’t a control to adjust the opacity so that the bar is a simi transparent dark bar as in the examples. I must be missing something, but I’ve been working with it for a couple of hours now. The only control I see is the video brightness control in the segment properties area, and it doesn’t seem to do anything to the transparency of the bar. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

• Colm - trakAxPC January 22, 2013 at 10:50 am

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the comment and for downloading the Transparent bar. If you move the video brightness slider below 100% (using either video brightness slider in the track name or in segment properties), the opacity will change and will eventually fade out the closer you get to 0%. Please check the video brightness slider is at 100% in the track Name area and in the segment properties window for that segment. Above 100%, it will not change and will remain the same. You can also use the segment properties window to position and rotate the bar to the position of your choice.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

Colm

• Tim Gaddo January 23, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Colm,
        When I place the transparentbar.png as the only item in a new mix, with all values at their default states, I don’t see the bar itself, but rather two dim, horizontal, light colored lines, suggestive of a bar, but there are no vertical lines. Moving the video brightness sliders do indeed change the brightness of the horizontal lines, but the black space between the lines is unchanged. It seems like the black background is overriding the bar, or something. I just can’t put my finger on it.

There is only one “properties” tab on the transparentbar, the “segment properties”. Should I also be seeing another properties parameter that allows the background to be changed? I downloaded the transparentbar twice. Both behave the same. There is probably some fundamental concept that I’ve overlooked. Thanks for your help.

Tim

• Colm - trakAxPC January 23, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the update. I now understand the issue you are having.

This transparent PNG title bar was designed specifically to be placed on top of an image or video (the result would look like the image in the post.) If you place the transparent PNG into the mix with no other media, you are correct, you will only see a bar other than two dim lines. Once you place an image such as a photo or video directly below or above this segment in the Mixing Window, you will then see the bar. Please make sure the “Always on top” icon is turned for the channel containing the transparent bar. Click on this link to learn about “Always on Top”.

I hope this helps, and please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance,

Kind regards,

Colm

• Tim Gaddo January 23, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Ah!! That did it!

Thanks again for your quick and accuarate reply.

Best Wishes,
            Tim

• Colm - trakAxPC January 24, 2013 at 10:17 am

No problem Tim, Glad to help!